Have you ever considered why you do what you do? Why you want the things you want? Why you make the choices you make? How far back can you go asking the simplest ‘why’?
The society we live in has a funny way of molding us to fulfill its needs. Some of those needs come natural to us, like having a family, a tribe, a home.
Others, such as work week / weekends, 9-5 office hours, wild consumerism, or being good at only one thing, are recent inventions (I think century and a half counts as recent in the grand scale of things)
So, keeping that in mind...
LET’S DIG DEEPER INTO YOUR SOUL
Everybody, and I mean everybody, has a superpower. Something that comes naturally and benefits everybody. Superpowers come in all shapes and sizes, just like the girls they belong to. Here are just a few women I think have a superpower of some sort:
- Marie Forleo - she gives me super awesome business tips and inspires me to be the best version of myself.
- Kara Benz - she gives me great planning tips and inspires me to be freakishly organised.
- Malala - she gives me hope and inspires me to help others.
- Sarah Wilder - she gives me 'magick' and then she inspires me to do my own.
- Jane Goodall - she gives me strength and inspires me to give my best to make the world a better place.
These are just a few. I know this is a weird mixture of people, but my superheroes are just that - mine. You can have a totally different list, but in the end everything boils down to five things.
THE WOMEN WIELDING THEIR SUPERPOWERS HAVE FIVE THINGS IN COMMON:
- They give AND they inspire.
- They help you directly AND they help you help yourself (and then others)
- They have made it their life’s mission to do good.
- They are always active - they don’t wait for someone to come to them for help — no, they go out into the world and do their magic.
- They make their living by doing what they love and what they do best.
FINDING YOUR SUPERPOWER
Now, all these might seem daunting at first but just for a second forget all about the ‘shouldn’t’, ‘couldn’t possibly’, ‘I’m too old/young for that’ and such.
OK, IT’S TIME FOR A SOUL SEARCH:
- What is the thing you love doing?
- What can you give to other people and how can you inspire them to grow and thrive?
- How can you help people?
- What is the one thing you would like to dedicate the next couple of years of your life to?
- What is the one passion of yours you can shout from the rooftops about?
- How can you incorporate it into a sustainable business?
FINDING (AND DEVELOPING) YOUR SUPERPOWER IS A PROCESS
It is a journey your future self will thank you for. Also, imagine a world filled with fulfilled, thriving, bursting with life supergirls, helping each other and making the world a better place in the process. This is what I dream of.
There is a little workbook in this months Treasure Box you can print out and use to help you find or focus your superpower. Have fun! :)
Do you have (and use) your superpower already? What can you give and how can you inspire your tribe? What is your first step towards finding your superpower?
Let us know in the comments below, dearest — let's chat! ♥