DOWNLOAD & UNZIP THE KIT
This one should be easy – after purchasing the kit from Creative Market, download it to your computer and start unzipping. The files are huge, so it might take a minute or two.
Where to start?
After unzipping the kit you will see the main folders, bonus folder + update folders, if available. In the folder ‘Elements’ you will find all the building blocks you can use to start making your own magic.
In the ‘Ready to Use’ folder you will find premade logos & graphics you can use ‘as is’ or adapt them to your particular design or style.
To start your design:
- Download and install the fonts you’ll need for the project.
- Open a new document in Illustrator in a size of your choice.
- Import the Mandala Brushes (see next step)
How to import your mandala brushes
To use the brushes you have to simply open the Mandala Brushes file as is, apply one of the brushes in your brush panel and copy the circle to your design. If you would like to work directly in your project file, here is how to load the brushes:
- Open your brush panel
- Click on the Brush Libraries Menu
- Find the Mandala Brushes file and click ‘Open’
CREATING LOGOS & GRAPHICS
Create your first Mandala
Now you are ready to start playing with the Mandala Elements! If you want to make a mandala, you have two options – you can use the brushes or the circles.
Using the Mandala Brushes:
This is the option that I prefer – it’s so easy! Here is how it goes:
- Draw a couple of simple circles and align them
- Apply a Mandala brushto each circle and you have your mandala
Using the Mandala Circles:
The mandala circles are made from expanded brushes. This basically means that after a brush has been applied to a simple circle, it has been fixed. To create your mandala, pick the circles you like best, change their sizes and align them to the center.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR LOGO
You have so many elements to choose from!
- Start by installing the fonts you like.
- Write the name of your business.
- Start experimenting with the Mandala graphics. Trust your instincts.
- When you’re ready, make sure everything is aligned and move to the next step – colouring!
If you need help with your branding, you might find the blog here very helpful, go ahead, take a look: mindfulpixels.com
HOW TO COLOUR YOUR GRAPHICS?
You can colour the Mandala circles just by changing the stroke and the fill colour.
To colour the brushes outlines you can change the stroke colour. If you wish to have more control, here is how to expand a brush. Make sure you really like how it all looks – once you expand the brush, you cannot change it easily.
- Create a circle and apply a Mandala brush.
- Make sure you love the result before you continue.
- Once you are ready, go to ‘Object’ > ‘Expand Appearance’
- Now you can change the fill and the stroke colour.
WHAT ELSE CAN I CREATE WITH THE LOGO KIT?
Besides logos, you can create mandalas for invites, info products, ebooks, websites, blog posts, cards, t-shirts, colouring sheets, posters, and so much more!
MAY I SELL THE GRAPHICS I MAKE?
I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST A FEATURE FOR THE NEXT UPDATE?
Yess! Please do! This kit is a work in progress and it’s far from perfect. In fact I hope it will get better and better with time (I’m already working on the first update!) So if you have an idea how to make it more awesome, give me a shout! :)